Thursday, April 11, 2013

  Hello Blog World! We are Bare Sandals... rather "I" am the owner and the founder of Bare Sandals - Anna. I am just a simple girl from Jersey Shore, who was always obsessed with arts and crafts and FINALLY decided to do something about it. Besides, who doesn't want to pay off those ridiculous students loans ASAP?!

    I was always fascinated with arts and crafts. As a kid I was beading my life away for hours at the time. My mother would leave me in our communist living room ( just kidding... but not really... - we lived in Russia back then ) and the rule of thumb was this: it did not matter how you were spending your free time as long as you were:
a. quiet
b. didn't bother anyone
c. did not get in trouble...
So I was always beading bracelets and making arts and crafts. Since there were only 2 TV channels and cartoons were only on the weekends between the hours of 11-11:30 AM there wasn't much other choice. No kidding.

Eventually mom and I moved to the states, and blah blah blah - fast forward 15 years and... I got engaged... Now, some of you who are married and been there before know exactly how much of a pain in the a** it is to plan a wedding. If you haven't been there yet, let me tell you.. IT'S A PAIN. After countless hours of research the hubbs and I decided that we were going to do the ceremony in Mexico.

This was of course a very exciting time. However, I'm not the type of person who needs to be in control 24/7 and I am also not the type of a person to need to have every little detail accounted for. So planning and preparing everything was "OK" but it really wasn't my thing. Now, when it came to finding shoes for the ceremony on the beach - that's when I started to hit the road block.

Papa Dukes is a tall dude, so his height definitely got passed on to me. Being 5'11 with a hubby who also right about the same height may put some limitations on your shoe selection when it comes to that. Fancy platforms are VERY sexy and all but in this case it was just unrealistic. SOOO, after endlessly looking for "low heel" shoes at DSW, Macy's, Lord and Taylor and etc... I saw Barefoot Sandals on Pinterest - they were made of crochet.  Now, I know nothing on crochet, so to me this was a foreign world, but the patterns looked pretty cool.

I decided to try it myself, with the only difference of using beads instead of crochet. I had an old necklace that was pretty ugly. It had some weird beads and the style of it was very outdated. I decide it to cut it and use the beads of it to create my first pair of bare sandals. And I guess you could say that the rest is history.

Here is a video I created a couple of days ago in order for you to get to know a little bit more about me and my company. Apologies for the length of the video, it's about 12 minutes. I also tend to goof off a bit, so please don't mind my silly analogies and funky sentence structure.



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mV1xLzpSmDA