Thursday, February 6, 2014

Blogging Problems

Blogging... I just don't get it. I mean this is almost like an open book. You can write anything and everything about you or your life and share it with the world. You can post pictures, links, #hash-tags and all other sorts of fun stuff but I JUST DON'T GET IT. What to write about? How do you get ideas? How can you even commit to writing about something on more that ones time a week basis when you are SWAMPED with work / family life/ side-business-which-is-kind-of-a-hobby-but-not-really / husband who demands home cooked meals and grading 7th grade papers? HOLY MOLY. I pondered upon all of these questions for almost a year. Obviously you can check out my earlier entries in this blog and realize that CLEARLY I wasn't doing the right thing...BUT....Here we are - almost a year later and I finally decided to give blogging a try. Since running Bare Sandals is becoming more and more a"business" I need all help I can get. So please, if you have suggestions for "blogging material" please let me know.

In the meantime, I have decided to blog about different things by writing several "reviews" about places I have been / things I have seen / fashion etc... This idea came to me on my last snowboarding trip to Hunter Mountain. Hubbs and I had a gift certificate to stay in this very cool, old school bed and breakfast place and I thought "Hmm.. What if I blog about places I visit / things I buy to help people out a little bit. Giving them a little insight on different things before committing to booking a trip or purchasing an item at a store. Maybe this wouldn't be such a bad idea - I could "blog", utilize my English Language writing skills ( being a former ESL student - writing isn't always so easy despite being a teacher ) AND kill 3 chickens with one stone by providing people with useful information they can actually use"....

So here I am. Shooting an arrow in the dark and giving blogging a try. Stay tuned ... I'm going to try to take this seriously and actually post on more than one occasion per year :)