Sunday, February 23, 2014

Seller Review: Brian Jenkins from Worn Elements

This Saturday was one of my friends birthday and I needed a gift. Not just any random gift, but something more personal and something she would like. I absolutely hate giving / getting "gift card" gifts, and any type of generalized gifts ( like Bath and Body Works sets and things of such nature ). I thought about making her a bracelet, but then remembered that she is obsessed with blue sea glass. Her obsession with sea glass is probably as bad as my obsession with beads. I knew I had to get her something with sea glass.

 As I researched "blue sea glass" on ETSY, I came upon a shop which was called "Worn Elements". Brian Jenkins, the owner of the shop handcrafted different jewelry using sea glass and sea pottery. The jewelry looked very neat, and most of all, he had a great selection of sea glass earrings, amulets and pendants. I knew I have hit a jackpot. 

As I looked though his site, I noticed that he had a very unique style of creating his jewelry. I also noticed that the wire was neatly wrapped around his designs ( which was a big plus, since some people don't take their time when wrapping wire around jewelry ). He used variety of beads and colors in his designs. Being in the jewelry making "business/hobby" myself you certainly begin to notice these things, and I feel like you become more aware and critical of the little details like that. 

I found a pair of blue sea glass earrings I absolutely loved. And I decided to purchase them on the spot. A few minutes later, Brian sent me a message thanking me for my order and letting me know that he will be shipping the earrings out today ( WOW !! Talk about super fast shipping ). 

Two days after I received my earrings. I wanted to open the package to see what they looked like. The timing was perfect as well. My friends birthday was on a Saturday and the earrings came on a Tuesday. 

Here is what the package looked like when I received it in the mail:


The earrings were neatly packaged into a bubble wrapped 8 x 6 yellow envelope ( which is a similar envelope I use for my own orders ). 


Upon opening the package, this is what I found inside. 


I began unwrapping the package with anticipation, but Brian made sure that the bubble wrapped was tightly secured around the earrings. I needed to get scissors to cut through the bubble wrap. 


First bubble wrap down, one more to go! I certainly did like the fact that the earrings were so secured with the wrap, that they were very not likely to get damaged by the mail carrier and in the process of delivery.



After finally unwrapping all of the bubble wrap I saw the earrings. Very beautiful, true blue color, just as I saw on his listing on ETSY. The earrings looked identical to the listing that I saw. They were about  1 1/2 inches long, wrapped neatly with silver wire. The back of the earrings had an earring closure, while the beads complimented the color of the sea glass. You could see that this sea glass is actually 100% authentic due to slight crevices made by the ocean. I really though this was cool because it added character to the earrings. This wasn't your "perfectly smooth" sea glass, which could also look fake, this was real sea glass and you knew it was one-of-a-kind jewelry. 
I'm not going to lie. I did consider keeping the earrings for myself for about 5 minutes.


Here is another close up of the earrings. 


On Saturday we went to my friends house. She had a small get together with a couple of her friends and family. I gave her my present and she ABSOLUTELY LOVED IT! She immediately took them out of the box and wore them for the rest of the night. MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!

I wanted to post this review about Brian Jenkins and his shop because I received a perfect gift for a friend, which was crafted with detail and attentiveness. His customer service was outstanding. He followed up with an e-mail after I have received the order to ask me how they turned out. Overall, the process of buying from Brian was hassle free and SUPER quick. I couldn't be happier with my purchase. 

Here are some of the other items from Brian's shop:






I think anyone who is looking for quality sea glass and sea pottery jewelry needs to definitely check out Brian's shop. This was a great buy and I will certainly be back for more!!